BBL (Pigment and/or broken capillaries correction) Starts $100
BBL FOREVER CLEAR (Acne Protocol) $400
BBL FOREVER YOUNG (Reversal and preventative aging) $450
BBL + MOXI (Combo full BBL and Moxi protocols) $950
NECK, DECOLLETE, ARMS, BACK AND LEGS ( Pricing per area size starting at $200)
BBL stands for Broad Band Light and is the world’s most powerful IPL (intense pulsed light) device on the market. It is a cutting-edge treatment that uses short blasts of high-intensity light to produce younger-looking skin that’s firmer and more even in tone and texture. The light energy delivered by the BBL will gently heat the upper layers of your skin. The heat absorbed by the targeted areas will stimulate your skin cells to regenerate new collagen. This restores your skin to its natural beauty, blending its natural colours and making it smoother, vibrant and younger looking. In addition, the photo-thermal energy will eliminate fine vessels that cause redness and will reduce unwanted melanin that produces pigmented lesions. The benefits to Sciton BBL treatment are proven in scientific studies. A Stanford University study reveals that treatments with BBL can alter the expression of genes associated with aging. In fact, after treatment, cells more closely resemble the cells of younger skin.
BBL can treat pigment issues such as:
freckles and age spots
vascular lesions such as those pesky bloody vessels
uneven skin texture/tone.
HOW TO PREPARE
We want your skin in the most natural state possible. Two weeks prior to your appointment avoid the following:
• Sun exposure
• All tanning lotions, sprays, or pills
• Tanning beds
• Medications that increase photosensitivity
Avoid blood thinners pre & post to increase the success of vascular reduction – especially in rosacea patients.
WHAT TO EXPECT
• Your face may appear red or flushed which usually fades within a few hours, along with some minor swelling
• Individuals with prominent pigmentation may notice that brown areas become temporarily darker & typically peel off within 10-14 days
• You may experience more swelling in vascular treated areas
• Some may have a histamine reaction that subsides in about a week
HOW TO CARE
Following your treatment, an ice pack may be applied to the treated area if desired. For best results, avoid anything that could create heat in skin tissue for 72 hours. This includes:
• Spicy foods
• Hot showers & baths
MOXI LASER SKIN REJUVENATION $750
The MOXI™ Laser by Sciton is the latest non-ablative laser that provides a gentler approach to laser resurfacing. MOXI™ comfortably delivers non-ablative fractionated laser energy to the skin to promote new cell growth and reduce unwanted pigment. With MOXI™ you can correct uneven pigmentation and improve skin tone and texture without the recovery or downtime associated with more aggressive laser procedures.
MOXI™ is the laser for everyone! Designed to treat all skin types, anytime of the year, MOXI™ is also ideal for younger patients who are just starting a skin regimen or those wanting to revitalize and refresh your skin’s appearance without downtime. Due to the minimal downtime needed and the gentleness of the technology, it’s also an ideal treatment for regular skin maintenance to keep your skin looking flawless.
HOW TO PREPARE
• No sun exposure, tanning beds, lotions, sprays or pills 2 weeks prior
• No Accutane for at least 6 months
• Patient should not be on medications that increase photosensitivity. Treatment may be done 2 weeks after the last dose.
• You must reschedule if you have an active cold sore
• Discontinue use of any retinols or retinoids 2 days prior
WHAT TO EXPECT
• Skin may feel hot & inflamed throughout the first day
• Swelling is common
• You will begin to notice dark brown dots called MENDS coming to the surface of the skin. MOXI treatments may or may not produce MENDS
• Skin may be itchy & feel like sandpaper
• The healing process typically takes 5-7 days
HOW TO CARE
• Cold compress may be used as needed
• DO NOT exfoliate or scratch/pick off MENDS, as doing so may cause scarring, post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation, & infection
• No hot showers or exercise for the first 48 hours
• No makeup for 48 hours & use only recommended aftercare products
• Sleep on a clean pillow case, elevate to reduce swelling
• ALWAYS wear SPF & avoid sun exposure 2 weeks post-treatment
BBL vs IPL: What One’s Right for You
IPL treatments utilize light waves to target the hemoglobin and melanin levels in the skin, reducing the look redness, dark spots, and uneven pigmentation.
The process works by utilizing intense pulsed light that seeps deep into the skin in order to target blood vessels and collagen beneath the skin’s surface. The emitted energy causes them to constrict, consequently reducing redness and smoothing out the appearance of wrinkles. In addition, IPL harnesses an array of light waves to stimulate the hemoglobin and melanin levels below the surface of the skin in order to eliminate darker particles, reduce redness, and minimize the appearance of uneven patches. IPL targets the whole skin area simultaneously therefore it's energy is distributed evenly and is slower to render fast results for specific areas of concerned like deep pigmentation and broken vessels. IPL does not reverse DNA damage like BBL does.
BBL treatments use high-intensity light to stimulate the skin’s collagen production, resulting in the natural reparation of discolouration and hyper-pigmentation. BBL hand pieces have been designed with state-of-the-art cooling technology for superlative comfort and effectiveness. This advanced innovation is the catalyst for exceptionally high-powered energy yet it causes only minimal discomfort for the patient. With the need for only short post-treatment downtime and minimal side effects, BBL is a noninvasive yet efficient way to correct your skin concerns. Both IPL and BBL treatments render amazing results for the external appearance of your skin,
but BBL goes a little further than just skin deep. BBL provides more than just outer beauty; in some sense, it can prevent skin aging.
Our DNA directs each and every cell of our bodies regarding function. As time goes by, DNA can get damaged, consequently making cells less effective and efficient in carrying out their designated tasks. In turn, skin cells containing aged DNA remain on the surface longer, creating an appearance of dull and dry-looking skin. While this has been a long-running problem, people have found the solution in Broadband Light Therapy. Its a revolutionary anti-aging method that revitalizes the genetic code embedded in the cells in order to resume processes just like younger cells. This process reflects on your skin, making you appear younger and rejuvenated.
In my opinion BBL by Sciton is the most advanced Light therapy, I can target different skin concerns within the client's skin area of concern with the appropriate energy and filter to have ultimate results. After 10 years of offering IPL we said good bye and upgraded to BBL by Sciton. You should upgrade too.